Everyone should make mistakes..?


"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something. So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make new mistakes. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life. Whatever it is you're scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” 

Neil Gaiman

One of my favourite quotes.  Inspiring and urging us to give it a go, to 'feel the fear and do it anyway'. For me moving to rural France from the big city lights of Brighton was (and still is) one of those moments.  But we're here! Making mistakes and pushing ourselves and learning along the way.  

I look forward to hearing about your glorious and fabulous mistakes and your examples of 'giving it a go' regardless of those inner voices or others telling us 'we can't' or 'we're not good enough' or 'they'll laugh at me'.  

Let's inspire each other with our stories...



De Tout Coeur Limousin
De Tout Coeur

A-to-Z challenge
Please check out the other participants of the A-to-Z challenge too :-)

Comments

  1. Lucky you moving to rural France. I used to love France and miss my ability to visit there any more. What part of France are you in? Thanks for your visit.

    Bonne chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) We're in the Sunny Limousin - very near the beautiful Lac de Vassiviere. Just a beautiful place to walk and spend time.

      Delete
  2. I see you have Captcha on your blog. We request all participants of A to Z to remove it from their blogs. You can also stop people signing in anonymously at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i've sorted this now - do let me know if not...:-)

      Delete
  3. I love Neil Gaiman, and France sounds amazing. Nice to connect and follow on http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - full of wise words. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  4. Some of the biggest steps we take in life will fill us with fear--yet when we look back later, we'll realize it was the best thing we ever did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! and often we wonder what we were ever scared of....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated.

Popular Posts